Friday, December 03, 2010

Thank You

This post is not to brag about myself but because I am at the very end of a long phase in my life that demanded huge amounts of effort, determination, abnegation, with lots of worries, uncertainty, and lots of life lessons.

Only my parents, God, and myself, know what I went through in order to be able to study and afford the extremely expensive tuition in the US.

Sometimes I do think that I could have studied for free in Argentina... was it even worth it? Absolutely. There is no doubt in my mind that all the effort during these years of sacrifice are paying off, and will continue paying off for the rest of my life.

Today, 1 1/2 years after graduating, I finally paid off my IIT debt and they gave me the diplomas. Feel good :). I still have my debt with my dad and a friend, which I will pay off in the next few months.

Thank you to all those that helped me. Thank you Mom. Thank you Dad. Thank you Sherril. Thank you Soenke. Thank you God. These little pieces of paper wouldn't have been possible without you.









8 comments:

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

:)

http://www.tarjetas.com/site_images/40/img_%5B41_2%5D.gif

Juliette said...

Congratulations! Those look VERY impressive! Must be a great feeling after such a long wait - is it normal for the university to hold diplomas hostage until student loans are repaid?!? Because if that were the case in NZ, nobody would ever actually get proof of their studies... :P

schamton said...

gracias loquis :)

the great feeling will be when i'm debt free...

well, not sure if it's normal but they did it to me... it probably is, that's the only way they can assure they'll get paid... but this money was owed directly to the university, it was not a student loan...

okänt said...

Congrats! I would‘nt worry about the loans, there‘s a time for everything and at least you can, unlike many others, say that you‘ve gotten so much in return. Memories, laughter, possibilities, experience and so much more. Congratulations once again:)

schamton said...

thanks Sami :) they are not loans. This is money i personally owe to my dad and a friend, so i do want to pay it back asap...

Mamelle said...

Daring, this desire to try... "Achieving your dreams...It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed".
"El que la sigue la consigue"
Enhorabuena :)

schamton said...

"El que la sigue la consigue"
jeje :)

gracias negris! :)